Road Race Notice: CMC Manchester City Marathon – 2022
DATE: Sunday, November 13th, 2022
Race Start: 8:50 AM
Race End: 4:00 PM
Millennium Running is proud to announce the return of the CMC Manchester City Marathon on Sunday, November 13, 2022. The event is expected to bring thousands of runners and spectators to downtown Manchester to join in the City’s Veteran’s Day celebration.
Expect road closures and delays throughout the route during the hours of 8:30am – 4:00pm. Full details below.
It is STRONGLY ADVISED to access Downtown Manchester via entry by I-293, Exit 6: Amoskeag Bridge or by Exit 4: Queen City Ave, and NOT by Exit 5: Granite Street.
Please expect Full Road Closures on the following streets:
Please expect Soft Road Closures or Delays for local traffic on the following streets:
- Elm Street (between Bridge & Granite) – 6:00am-5:00pm
- McGregor Street (between Amory & Bremer) – 8:00am-10:00am
- Eddy Road – 8:35am – 11:00am
- Bremer Street – 8:00am-10:00am
- Electric Street – 8:00am-10:00am
- Northbound Franklin Street – 6:00am-4:00pm
- Bridge St. Bridge – 8:50am-10:00am
- Coolidge Ave – 8:35am-11:00am
- Granite St. (between Canal & Elm) – 8:50am-4:00pm
- Eastbound Granite St. (between Commercial & Canal) – 8:50am-4:00pm
- Manchester/Goffstown Rail Trail – 9am-3:45pm
- Riverwalk Trail – 9:00am-3:30pm
- Reservoir Ave/Circular Drive (by Derryfield Park) – 9:30am-12:00pm
- Hanover Street (between Union & Elm) – 9:00am – 1:00pm
- S. Commercial Street (Between Line Dr & Granite)
- Spring Street
- Canal Street (Eastern Northbound Lane)
- Lexington St.
- Walnut St.
- Juniper St.
- Red Coat Lane
- Belmont Street
- Hanover Street (Runners in Road)
General Course Information
Did you know?
The Manchester City Marathon brings in participants from across the globe. In fact, over 60% of marathon participants come from out of state; representing, on average, 38 states and provinces. The economic impact of this event is an estimated $2.5 million annually to the local community. Nearly 20% of the marathon finishers will qualify for a coveted spot in the Boston Marathon.
Official Charity of the CMC Manchester City Marathon
Millennium Running is proud to have Veterans Count as the official charity of the CMC Manchester City Marathon.
Each registrant has an opportunity to support our Veterans by participating in the optional fundraising platform that is auto-created when you register online. This event raises almost $20,000 annually to support veterans and their families.
Veterans Count has the mission to provide critical and timely financial assistance and services when no other resource is available to veterans, service members, and their families, to ensure their dignity, health and overall well-being.
Our goal is that 90% of every net dollar raised for Veterans Count is spent to provide services and grow resources for NH veterans, service members, and their families.
In 2006, Veterans Count was developed in partnership with ESNH and the NH Dept. of Health and Human Services. The program provides critical resources to veterans of all eras and their families. Care Coordinators work with individuals and families to create a care plan toward self-sufficiency. Since ESNH launched the program, over 9,300 individuals have been served. Philanthropic dollars, totaling more than $2.6 million, have been distributed to provide financial support that may include food, home maintenance, housing, rent, fuel assistance, utilities, vehicle repair, gasoline, medical bills, and child care.