Top 12 of 2012
As we wrap up 2012 by awarding jackets to the 2012 MVP Health Care Millennium Running Series winners, I wanted to reflect on some of the amazing moments for Millennium Running and me personally in 2012.
Here is my top 12 of 2012!
And the drum roll please………
12. Seeing my 3 year-old son Jack racing Buddy the Elf in the Santa Claus Shuffle’s Elf Race
11. Successfully launching a new road race timing business (Millennium Timing) to time our own races and other races throughout anew England.
10. Giving my new friend Heidi Lewis a high-five at the finish line of the Manchester Mile. Heidi had a goal to run just 1-mile after waking the Millennium Mile just 7 months before for her first road race ever. Heidi is on a path to live a longer and healthier life with all her weight loss!
9. At age 40, Kara Haas winning the Millennium Mile AGAIN!!! Like a fine wine, Kara gets better with age!
8. Tammy Robie winning HASLAW Mile just a few weeks after giving birth to her baby. I was very impressed!
7. Expanding the Millennium Running staff by hiring Keith Tharp as our Director of Marketing. I realized, I can’t do everything alone…
6. Meeting a whole bunch of new friends and running buddies at the Millennium Running Social Club!
5. Seeing all sorts of men and women wearing kilts in September at the Halfway to St Patty’s 5k. Kilts and beer was a killer combo!
4. Having over 125,000+ views of the all new MillenniumRunning.com website in the first month (over 11,000+ visitors on Thanksgiving Day alone!)
3. Seeing a mass of Santas stretching 2-miles down Elm St of Santas as I drove by you all waving from the lead truck.
2. Listening to the National Anthem at the starting line of the Chief Maloney Memorial Run while 2,200 other participants and I were holding back tears. (This will now be an annual event to honor the Chief!)
And my #1 highlight from 2012 is…
1. Millennium Running donating $137,000.00 in 2012 to local organizations and charities from our events. I am very proud to have helped our local community by producing Millennium Running events!
So here is to a fantastic 2013 filled with good health, good runs, and good friends!
See you on the roads!
Thank you for sharing your top 12 list with us. I could easily come up with 12 of my own top milennium moments. You are making running FUN in NH and have started something spectacular! Thank you and happy new year 🙂
thank you for what you do. I had no idea I could run, or that I would love it as much as I do when I first ran one of your races. running helped me find myself again after some rough times and having a baby. I appreciate millennium and what you're all about. I hope to participate in all your races this year.