Weather Update: Fisher Cats Thankgiving 5k (Nov 26th – 4:30pm)
Weather Statement: Fisher Cats Thanksgiving 5k
November 26, 2014 – 4:00pm
For Immediate release:
Millennium Running has been in close consultation with the City of Manchester’s Mayor’s Office, Police Department, Department of Transportation, and the NH Fisher Cats to monitor the current winter storm. The departments in the municipality and our hired private contractors are confident in providing enough resources to safely facilitate the 4th annual Fisher Cats Thanksgiving 5k as scheduled on Thanksgiving morning (Thursday, November 27th at 9am)
However, in order to produce a safe and well run event, Millennium Running is instituting a few operational contingency plans as follows:
1. Due to the inability to remove large amounts of snow from the entire warning track and bleachers in a short amount of time, the finish will NOT be located inside Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. However, participants will have access to the covered concourse prior to the race.
2. A new common Start / Finish line will now be located directly in front of Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on Line Drive.
3. The aforementioned changes to the finish will make the official distance 4K instead of 5K. The rest of the course on Canal St. and Commercial St. will remain unchanged. The good news, you will likely have a new 4k personal best!
Additionally, Millennium Running is advising participants on a few other issues:
– Arrive early on race day to find parking as we expect snow banks to impede parking availability. Moreover, some privately owned lots may not be available at all. Participants may be walking from a further distance than typical to get to the stadium.
– Despite the Highway Department’s and our private contractor’s best efforts to remove snow from the course, we do expect some slick conditions at points. Please use caution while running or walking, especially while making turns along the course.
– Strollers are permitted at the event, however, we urge parents to exercise their best judgement in taking their children in strollers in wintery conditions.
– Lastly, remember to have FUN! This may be the Turkey Trot you always say, “Remember back in 2014 when we ran in the snow at the Fisher Cats Thanksgiving 5k?!”
Millennium Running will make any future updates via our website, Facebook page, and emails to each participant. For any questions or concerns regarding the Millennium Running refund and transfer policy, please visit our website HERE